Engineer – Electronic Hardware designs and develops electronic solutions for the most challenging real-time controls applications in industry. GE is a world leader in power generation and distribution – our controls products make this possible. You will work with a skilled team of engineers creating and improving a state-of-the-art platform for use in every kind of power generation application
As the Engineer – Electronic Hardware, you will:
• • Design and validate electronic circuit board solutions for industrial control and communications
• Execute the design, analysis and/or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Design, program and validate FPGA-based solutions for interfacing real-time microprocessor systems to high speed Networks and I / O
• Validate the boards according to the EMI-EMC related regulatory standards
• Reliability analysis of the boards
• Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Bachelor or above in Electronics Engineering, Industrial Automation or equivalent.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in analog/Mixed circuit design.
• Proficiency in ECAD suite of like Cadence. Expertise in Signal Integrity and simulations
• Master measurement and validation methods for hardware design and know how to use the related instruments.
• Solid knowledge of electrical and electronics design and manufacturing.
• Knowledge of the fundamental theory of signal processing, circuit analysis, analog circuits design, digital circuits design
• Should have a good understanding of EMI/EMC concepts and how to independently debug the issues
• Experience with digital and analog circuit design, preferably utilizing the Cadence tool chain
• Familiarity with ICS networking and security
• Familiarity with Verilog HDL
• Familiarity with FPGA development tools, including design, simulation, packaging and debug
• Knowledge of developing FPGA solutions, preferably utilizing Altera and/or Xilinx tool chains
• Ability to lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com